Skip to main content

In a perfect world

What is perfection? The English dictionary defines it: 1. The state or quality of being perfect, 1.1 A person or thing considered to be perfect, 1.2 The action or process of improving something until it is faultless. In essence for the most part perfection is subjective unless it can be scientifically proven, like a perfect circle.

The majority of my life I've strived for perfection in all aspects of life. Why? Partially because that's the example my parents set and simply because it's in my DNA. So why did I name my blog The Imperfect Balance if I've been striving for perfection? Even though we might have the ultimate goal of perfection, this is a continuous journey and not all the time will we be able to reach perfection. Sometimes we will have to settle and compromise. The beauty of this is that that's ok.

Different ways of trying to be perfect is to do things to the best of your ability, but depending on what that is, perfection might not always be feasible. I guess the trick here is understanding where our own strengths and weaknesses lie. And there are simple too many aspects of life to strive perfection in all of them all of the time. If that was our goal I don't think we would achieve very much at all, and besides by not achieving perfection all the time we also grow and learn from our imperfections.

In the past year all aspects of my life have been thrown up in the air. My eyes have been opened. All of a sudden everything has been turned on its head and you start asking yourself all these questions. Have I been sleepwalking through life thus far? How did this happen? Why did this happen? And most importantly what am I going to do about it?

Through this blog I would like to go on a journey and rediscover and reconnect with myself. To share with you my thoughts, experiences and ideas of all mostly imperfect aspects of my life. And hopefully it will inspire you to share your own experiences with me as well.








Comments

  1. I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
    We also provide yahoo customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to contact us:
    Yahoo Service in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment