As I mentioned in one of my previous posts I was hoping to be able to play a little as I had a nice idea for a card. It did not turn out the way I had in mind, but it was kind of fun to have a go. I felt that I didn't have all the right tools to make it, so I save it for when all my other supplies turn up. One thing that I did do, is making a raised frame. The card is quite simple, but funky. See for yourself:
Supplies: cardstock - Bazzill Basics, PPs - Autumn Leaves (Heather Bailey), ink - VersaColor.
I made another card, but can't reveal that one until Saturday.
Yesterday and today I've spent most of my time painting. We've been in our new house since July 7th and we've finally made a start on sprucing up the place. Last week I painted the kitchen in duck egg (blue) and ivory. Yesterday I started on Renee's room with cotton white and had to get into Ruben's room as well, since the wardrobe fitter was starting today. Today I finished the white in Renee's room and did one coat of peony pink. I also made a start in Beth's (our Australian babysitter who came over with us for 4 months) room as the wardrobe man will be moving in there tomorrow. To sum it all up, we've got 4 rooms half painted and as you can imagine all of it is in a mess. I think it's time for a break tomorrow and create some more cards, as I've still got to do my card for next week's sketch for 2S4Y, and I've already got some ideas in my head.
Thank you for all your lovely comments, I'll pass them all on to Rebecca so she knows she's a good scrapbooker too.